Kennedy Trust Prize Studentships
The Kennedy Institute is world-famous for its development of biologics for treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, and currently numbers over 20 scientific Group Leaders.
Studentships are overseen by the Institute’s Graduate Studies Committee. We offer a number of fully-funded "direct-entry" DPhil studentships.
ABOUT OUR 4 YEAR DPHIL DOCTORAL TRAINING PROGRAMME
- Funding for 4 years, with awards covering stipend (over £22,000 per annum), as well as tuition and college fees, and including allowance for laboratory expenses and conference travel
- Outstanding supervision from academics with world-class reputations, and an excellent management and mentoring programme, together multi-disciplinary research and strategic links with industry
- Exceptional research facilities in a new state-of-the-art medical research institute, with close links to the Nuffield Department of Medicine, Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre and the Wellcome Trust funded Structural Genomics Consortium
- First-rate track-record for thesis submission (100% of students complete and submit their theses within 4 years), with additional measures of training success including publications and successful grant applications
- Career support and training in core and transferrable skills, to ensure eventual establishment of graduates as independent investigators in national and international research laboratories (over 85% of students who graduated in the last 4 years have progressed to post-doctoral research, clinical posts or healthcare-related work)
- Students undertake a core curriculum of 20 lectures in the first term of year 1 to provide a solid foundation in musculoskeletal sciences, inflammation, immunology and data analysis